Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

12

Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Ladysman
Administrator
Hi everyone, just wanted to explain why I put a donate button on the home page.

To keep a server running, bone is required to leave his computer running 24/7. As well, he monitors it quite often, he also spends hours and hours going through pixels and maps and other game stuff to keep all the players he can, happy and entertained.

Yes, he has people that help him draw, pixel, map, do websites (lol) and more, but it all comes down to him and his time.

It costs money to run a server.

What I am asking is this, IF YOU ENJOY BONES-UNDERGROUND, DO ME THIS SMALL FAVOR. calculate for yourself, how many hours of entertainment bone is providing you with. How many hours away from your parents, siblings, children, spouses, lol, whoever.

If you would pay $20 to go to a movie, but instead, stay at home and play on BU, heck, he just saved you $20, go and click the button and give him $5.

I know for me, his server has provided me with alot of entertainment.  I am willing to contribute to his time, and to the future of BU.

Thanks for your time.
If you have any questions about this, please dont hesitate to talk to me on the game or send me an email ladys-man85@hotmail.com

See you in the game,

Ladysman  aka Al.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Dallas AKA Dallas
Here's another idea, leave your IGN in the message when you donate and you should get a award. :P Like 100 of any stat.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Scalaber
im sorry but i think this is a bad idea.
1st.you got to have a pay pal account and u  got to enter ur credit card info.
2nd.paypal changes you 11 usa dollers per idk how long but to hav an acc.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Jaded
i though bones underground was never going to ask for money anyways  alot of players, play here for that reason and if we have to pay we go play elsewhere

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Odinex
it was never said that you HAD to pay >_> its just a suggested donatioin. besides if all we do is play bones what better thing do we have to do with our moneys ?? if ur playing BU ur probably not using gas or going to the movies/renting a movie or game ect,ect. you are not expected to donate nor are you asked to. and trust me..... Bones underground is too good a server to loose players because of a donation button lol. i for one will back bones and back the donation button 110 %. WHOSE WITH TME !!!!!!! THIS ISNT SPARTA WE ARE BETTER. THIS IS......... BONES UNDERGROUND !!!!!!!!!!
Break the chains of fate that bind you....... AND PIMP SMACK THE PERSON THAT PUT THEM ON U LOL XD

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Ladysman
Administrator
please...leave comments, thats why I did this post also.  I want to know what people think. I just wanted to show bone our appreciation and support. It can become expensive and time consuming to keep a server going.

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A DEMAND OR EXPECTATION. I hope you all understand that. Trust me, if it becomes a problem or an issue, it will be removed.

Bones is about the people, for the people.

Thanks all

Al ...aka  Ladysman

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

unibear
i think it is a good idea that way it make more want to play and if they know you'll need to donate to keep it running it will make players want to stay more!! good job Lady.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Chibi

I just sent a donation of 50,000 Us dollars.  Can u check make sure u got??

...but seriously Kyle would never ask for it so I think it has to be inititated by us and no one should feel obligated at all.  Some of us have jobs and can donate and others don't and that's fine.

Best of all, Kyle is not asking and he is not selling levels or items.  This is more like a tip can, where u can leave a tip if u liked the service and if u can afford it.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Samularis
Donated Gladly

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Moonie
Banned User
alot of us cant donate we dont have credit cards, bad economy in the states. atleast thats how it is for me. like my parents dont have credit cards at all xD

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Ladysman
Administrator
hiya moonie,

I totally get it. Again, this is by no means a demand or expectation. Bone and all the admin and other players value people like you being on the server. I mean, after all, without the players, the server would not be the success that it is.

Keep playing, have fun and no worries.

There are no rewards for donating and NEVER will be.

Take care and see you on BU.

Ladysman (Al)

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

bone/kylethepro
um no, commercial = the sale of a product or service, this webiste is owned by bones, if any one chooses to donate to this website, it is completely by their own choice, and we require permission from nobody to accept donations at this site. Secondly, even if i did require permission i would no doubt get it as sordie loves this server and what it stands for, I suggest scott you go back to FE where you belong and stop trying to sabotage the only real threat to FE.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Scott-EOSERV
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Damis
Wow, Scott, You maybe this and that, but on somebody elses site, you're nothing I'd listen and go your way. Sordie can speak for herself.

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Ladysman
Administrator
The Donation button is located on a private domaine, owned and operated by ME..i am not an admin or anything for SEOSE or Bones-underground and have no ties other then i am a grateful player.

I purchased and own the website and the domaine.  I put a donate button on MY domaine to help a friend out who has bills to pay ,etc.

If people are grateful for what he is doing with his time, they can send him money. Its that simple.

I am sure if Sordie had any issues she would take it up with bone or me at her convenience.

She would also see that what I just said is accurate.  I wanted to help a friend out. I set it up. STop trying to get rid of Bone.

If you have problems with what I am doing, take it up with me. I did all this for someone I admire who has  used a tool that is at the hands of so many, and taken it to the next level.  Bone has created a server that no one can touch.

I have read over the SEOSE stuff and am confident with what I am doing.

IF sordie reads this and has questions about it, she is more then welcome to come talk to me.

You know where to find me sassy. xP

Ladysman (Al)

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

The Real Firefox
Giving Money to support a server is not a big deal. Its your choice if you want to, and to me Donating is like helping some one. Pretty much i thought people would have no problem Donating to a server that they are attracted to.
PIKA PIKA PIKA CHUUUUUUUUU

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Ando
Well, I do think it would be a good idea to donate.. But what happens when the server tanks?? Do we get our money back.. Cause I've had that happen before..

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

skulled
/doesn't cost money to run a server :]

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Expensive
Well i would donate but im a kid teen and my parents dont give me there credit cards :( -£xpen$iv£

Re: Explanation of Donation Button found on Home page

Boats
Heres another idea, it cost's nothing to host seose apart from taking up your upload usage.

there is no way donating to this server untill it's getting a dedicated server & eoserv is necessary.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but what does it do? it's Seose i could run that on the biggest peice of shit computer i own.
12